A DAD died outside a hospital A&E while doctors were forbidden from leaving their posts to treat him.
Paul James, 55, collapsed outside the sliding doors, leaving panic-stricken daughter Megan, 20, to dash inside for help.
But she was allegedly told doctors were not allowed to help him and advised to call 999 for an ambulance.
By the time a security guard had helped Megan get her dad in a wheelchair and move him inside he was lifeless.
Doctors tried to save him on the floor of the A&E department but to no avail.
Paul’s partner Emma Machin, 32, said: “The hospital failed him. He died because they wouldn’t help and we intend to make them pay for that.”
COLLAPSED OUTSIDE HOSPITAL
Dad-of-ten Paul, a plasterer, went to New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton, complaining of stomach pains. He was prescribed painkillers and discharged.
But a few feet outside the door Paul collapsed and Megan ran inside to get receptionists to call a doctor.
Emma said: “Megan begged them for help but she was told no one could leave their posts. They even said the only thing they could suggest was if she called an ambulance.
“Megan is only small and had no hope in moving Paul.”
Bow crane collapse: One dead and four injured as 65-ft crane falls on homes
NEW SPIKE FEARS
Corona outbreak closes major London hospital A&E as 70 staff in isolation
Depp ‘branded Heard a ‘go-getting sl*t who liked being f***ed by James Franco”
James Franco branded ‘rapey’ as he’s dragged into Johnny Depp court showdown
Shock new pics show Depp passed out and his breakfast of cocaine & whisky
KING SIZE ED
NASA images show Storm Edouard transform into cyclone as it hurtles towards UK
One witness said “The receptionist didn’t even bat an eyelid and told her she’d have to call an ambulance because the A&E doctors aren’t allowed to treat anybody outside.
“If a doctor could have gone out there before security brought the man inside, that might have been enough. Common sense should have prevailed. We’re talking about basic humanity here.”
A spokesperson for The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust said: “We have launched an internal investigation to understand what happened.”